Be part of the first Making Waves Film Comp!
The Making Waves Film Comp is a space for you to manifest your creativity while sharing your stories of optimism and freedom. All of the films entered will be showcased as part of the Making Waves Film Fest which will launch online on Wednesday 23 September 2020!
The theme is I found my freedom on the waves.
Entries can fall into one of two categories:
- Schools - any educational institution; government, private or independent. An individual of school age (4 - 18years).
- Open - individuals above school age, and/or any organisation or group that is not a school. These could be community groups, support networks or organisations, religious organisations, charities and not for profits.
Prizes will be awarded for First Place in each category plus there will be a People’s Choice Award!
- Entries must be no more than 5min excluding credits.
- All entries must feature a sailboat at some point during the film. This does not have to be a real sailboat (i.e. it could be a drawing or picture, a model sailboat, made from chairs and sheets...etc).
- Entries must feature a cast and crew that is at least 60% people with disabilities or disadvantaged*.
- Entries can be of any film type; documentary, fiction, animation...etc.
*Disadvantaged can cover a wide spectrum including economic, social and family, trauma affected or mental health.
ENTRIES CLOSE FRIDAY 18 SEPTEMBER 2020
Terms and conditions